Meeting Notes for January 2020
NCOBRA Detroit Meeting Agenda—January 19, 2020
- Libations, Tribute to the 4 elements of Earth, Water, Fire, and Air by 2:45 p.m.
- Prayer for Stan, Marduke, Adelia’s mother, Billie, Queen Nzingha, Anita Belle, Charles Matthews, and all those in need of healing by 2:55 p.m.
- The Sacred Woman Speaks—Queen Nzingha by 3:15 pm
- Establish a committee to plan National Reparations Awareness Day in Detroit on February 25, 2020. Anita, Adelia (social media), Muqarrabah, Daisy, and Stan. Committee Meeting date TBA. Include a self-defense component.
- Reflections on the 400th anniversary of slavery in the British colony that became the United States by 4:00 pm: Are two nations being judged?
- As above so below: The Law of Correspondence
- Prophecy or prophet lie of Genesis 15:13-14
- House should have passed H.R. 40 reparations bill on June 19, 2019
- Trump impeached on December 18, 2019
- Trump and Pence establish a Space Force in December 2019
- Assassination of Qasem Suleimani on January 3, 2020
- What’s this got to do with blacks?
- Iran Hostage Crisis of 1979
- Iran Contra and the Nicaraguan Contras’ Narcotics Trafficking Cases
- Black soldiers in U.S. military
- Black Israelites in Dimona, Israel’s nuclear weapons site
- British astronaut announces that we’re not alone on January 6, 2020
- Meghan and Harry exit royal family on January 8, 2020
- Trump’s impeachment trial begins on January 21, 2020
- Brexit of Britain from the European Union maybe on Jan. 31, 2020
- White nationalist marching in Virginia on Martin Luther King’s birthday/first day of Aquarius (January 20, 2020):
- Is this the start of a second civil war?
- If so, blacks should not give loyalty freely but demand the freedom and promised land that was reneged upon after we helped save the Union during the first civil war
- What’s this got to do with blacks?
- Dealing with a people facing 10 years until extinction: Must leverage our reparations as necessary for their survival
- Reparations and the 2020 presidential election: Make it an issue!
- Reparations Slate questionnaire and endorsement
Announcements by 4:50 pm:
- Membership in NCOBRA and offering
- 17th Annual Detroit MLK Day, 12-5 pm, at St. Matthew’s St. Joseph Episcopal Church, 12-5 pm, 8850 Woodward, Detroit, free but register at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/17th-annual-detroit-mlk-day-rally-march-tickets-84556459647. Support ADOS table, featuring the following "Picking Up My Check" video from Martin Luther King:
- MLK Day at Charles Wright Museum, Prayer Breakfast, 8-10 am, $35 each but free programs from 10 am to 5 pm, including a screening of “Selma” from 10-11:30 a.m.
- “Four Little Girls: Birmingham 1963” by Detroit’s Mosaic Youth Theatre, Jan. 20, 2020 at 7 pm at 2251 Antietam, tickets $20 for adults, $15 for seniors, and $10 for children 5-17 years old.
- Sankofa Film Theatre, Feb. 29, 2020 at 12 noon at Old Redford Library, 21200 Grand River, Detroit, 48219
- Detroit Athletic Club, 10 am -12 pm, $50, MLK Brunch hosted by NAN on January 20, 2020
- Beloved Community, January 21, 2020, 7-9 p.m., MLK Presentation, Gesu Church, 17139 Oak Drive near McNichols, Detroit.
- Rainbow Push at Fox Theatre, 7-10 p.m., free but register at https://www1.ticketmaster.com/rainbow-push-let-freedom-ring-wrev-jesse-jackson/event/08005829F7DE5CBF?camefrom=CFC_313PRE_313web_let_freedom_ring
- Next NCOBRA meeting on February 9, 2020 in Air/Aquarius
- Join the Reparations Labor Union at org
- Urban Information Network: For more info, contact Don Henderson at coach.uinmovies.com or call 313-610-3218.
- Other announcements
Harambee Unity Circle and Adjournment by 4:55 pm.
Do you like this post?
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in with