Reparations: The Love Story
Below are the notes from the sermon I taught at First Unitarian Universalist Church of Detroit, 4605 Cass Avenue, on July 9, 2017. I expounded on this sermon at the meeting of the Detroit Chapter of NCOBRA that took place later on the same day. The sermon was entitled, "Reparations: The Love Story". Also attached is the Fact Sheet on Reparations in America.
It’s time to tell a secret.
I’m a writer. I have a law degree. I have my Bachelor’s Degree in psychology. But when I was a child, my father had to force me to go outside and play because I loved to write. As I got older, though, I developed a habit of writing loveletters. A writer needs an audience, even if the audience is only one person, because the audience is the inspiration. Writing loveletters is my creative process.
In 2013, I volunteered with Benny Napoleon’s mayoral campaign. I’ll never forget the march on Labor Day. He was the candidate endorsed by the labor unions during Detroit’s bankruptcy. He gave a speech. Afterwards, the political candidate takes photos with the audience.
Brenda Hill snapped the photo of Benny and me. How long does that take? Less than a minute? But what happened in those moments? I call it transcendence. Why? Because he touched my hair. You’d think a 33rd degree mason would know better because hair is holy. Hair is the antenna to the pineal gland, but Benny’s a flirty, handsome, charismatic guy. And lots of folks touch my hair. It’s pretty and pretty long, and all mine. Usually, touching my hair is an innocuous process, but this time, during the process of bringing our heads together for a photo, he touched my hair, and whoosh. Transcendence.
During my transcendence, I gain inspiration and ideas. I write these down in loveletters. To him. I used to send them to him but started thinking, “He is a cop. And a lawyer. And carries a gun. He’s gonna get a restraining order. Or shoot me.” So I stopped sending them to him but I keep writing loveletters everyday. He probably thinks I’m crazy as hell, but he’s the inspiration for the Reparations Labor Union and Melanin Technology Company.
But that’s just one love story. An African proverb is that love is the person who brings out the God in you. Love is the person that brings out the God in you. This is interesting because, in Hebrew, when the name of God is written up and down instead of right to left, Yod Hey Wah Hey is a person.
In my 1960s idea of gender identity, to bring out God in this woman, God cannot be masculine. I began searching for the feminine aspect of God. In Judaism, the feminine aspect is called the Shekinah. However, a part of what happens in transcendence is time travel. I went back to a place that the Greeks called Egypt, but the people called the land Kemet. Kemet roughly translates in English to “black city”. In Kemet, the Greeks claimed the Egyptians worshipped many gods, four of whom were Osiris, Isis, Seth, and Nephtys. I say the Greeks never fully comprehended the mystery of two becoming one. God is love and that love sometimes is sexual like the love between a husband and wife. That love is symbolized by creation or conception. In Kemet, that love was symbolized in the trinity of Ausar, Auset, and Heru, the trinity that the Greeks called Osiris, Isis, and Horus. I’ll use their names from Kemet because I’m finding the Auset in me.
In the love story or prophecy of Ausar and Auset, they were brother and sister. Set and NebHet were their brother and sister. All four were part of the Ennead, the Great Celestial Council of Nine. Ausar and Auset were married. Set and NebHet were married. Ausar was the king of Kemet and Auset was his co-regent. They brought order into chaos by teaching the Maat. Set envied his brother and wanted his power so he captured Ausar, threw him into boat-like coffin and sent him off to a far-away land. Auset followed her husband, the love of her life, so Set conquered Kemet. Auset finds her beloved husband and brings him back to Kemet, but when they’re almost home, Set discovers that the king is returning, so he cuts up the king into 14 pieces. The king’s penis is swallowed by a great fish. Auset and her sister NebHet search for all the pieces of Ausar, but only finds 13 pieces. Auset mummifies them. She performs a ritual in which she raises Ausar from the dead, fashions him a tekken out of gold, and becomes impregnated by him. The Greeks called the tekken an obelisk. The son born of the virgin queen, endowed with the spirit of his father Ausar, would be named Heru. For 40 days, Heru fought his evil uncle Set for the kingship of Egypt. Part of their battle included Set taking Heru’s eye and Heru defeating Set by castrating him. Finally, the Great Ennead Celestial Council of Nine intervened to declare that Heru and Set were one. They were twins but unless they learned how to play nice with each other, they were going to mutually destroy each other. Heru was declared the king of Kemet. Set was sent to rule over the nether lands. Maat or order was thus restored.
I submit to you that the Greeks and Romans heard this story of Kemet and began taking the position of Set in order to conquer Egypt. I submit to you that Detroit, a city whose population is 85% black, is a black city, a Kemet, that is again is being invaded and conquered by Set. I didn’t see this until a black man running for mayor in 2013 touched the hair connected to the third eye in my brain. I submit to you that the story, the prophecy, like history, keeps repeating itself.
Here we are, the children of Heru and Set. Are we going to keep fighting until we castrate each other? That is MAD-ness, MAD being mutually assured destruction. From an Auset perspective, I would much rather my husband keep his tekkun. I’m sure my sisters, NebHeb, agree with me.
Time travel: Hebrew and Arabic are close to the Medu Neter, the language of Kemet. In Hebrew, the word tekkun means repair. In all three languages, the vowels are sacred and interchangeable depending on dialect. Words are spelled by their consonants. Thus the tekken or male phallus in Kemet becomes the tikkun in Hebrew. I submit to you that the Hebrew is derived from repairing the male phallus.
Reparations is a love story. It begins with women, wives, mothers, sisters preventing their loves from being castrated if only for the selfish purpose that an obelisk of gold is not as pleasurable as the real thing. Do we need a celestial Supreme Court, extraterrestrials, to tell us that continuing this race war between black and white will annihilate us both? After all, the Ennead, the Celestial Council of Nine, represented the rulers of the Universe or Multiverse. As Tehuti, the Kemet predecessor of Solomon said, “As above, so below.” Jesus repeated this principle in the Lord’s Prayer when he said, “Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven.” Hollywood depicts extraterrestrials as coming. I submit to you that they’re already here. We are the extraterrestrials! For all we know, Auset was from Sirius, Ausar from Orion, Set from Draco, and NebHet from Venus, the Pleiades, or Hyades. The bottom line is that we can live together as brothers or die together as fools. Let’s choose life. Let’s let our planets, our stars, align for the sake of this planet.
In Judaism, the purpose of one’s life is tikkun ha-olam, repairing the world. Reparations is how we can begin repairing this world, America. I won’t bore you with how the number was calculated. I think I put the calculation on the Reparations Labor Union’s website, www.reparationslaborunion.org. It was calculated that, as of two weeks before Passover in 2017, the United States owes $7 billion to each African-American. With 45 million African-Americans, that number comes into the quadrillions of dollars, far exceeding the current national deficit of nearly $20 trillion. This number far exceeds America’s gross domestic product of approximately $18 trillion. Some would say that it’s such an amount of debt would be impossible for America to repay, however, I said that a Sheriff inspired my ideas.
The way for America to repay the debt owed to people of African descent is to increase the gross domestic product. What industry has the ability to increase the GDP so much that America can repay her debt and have money left over for infrastructure repair and other tikkun ha-olam? Legalizing marijuana and other drugs is a start, but the big industry is space. Like they said in “Star Trek”, space is the final frontier. However, the Draconian idea of doing to another planet like what has been done to Earth ain’t gonna work out there. Earth has been visited by extraterrestrials. The people of India write of beings so advanced that the Siddhaloka can teleport without machines or spaceships, and the Satyaloka can psychically control or hack all machines and spaceships. We’ve got to transcend our primitive, nuclear weapons reliant, Evil Empire-building mindset. We’ve got to stop being Set and envying and coveting other people’s kingdoms. Are we alone in the Universe? No. We’ve been left alone. We’re in time out until we learn how to play well with others. We’ll improve our world if we get our minds to the place where we can visit other worlds and have them visit ours. Maybe someone out there knows how to fix our water. Maybe someone out there has the cure to cancer, AIDS, Ebola, and all other diseases. Let’s go to learn, not to conquer. Let’s make peace treaties and establish trade. To that end, I founded the Melanin Technology Company.
The Reparations Labor Union owns 90% of the Melanin Technology Company. Some might say Melanin Tech is a space company, but I prefer to call it an energy company. The pineal gland produces melatonin, a neurotransmitter that breaks down into serotonin and melanin. Melanin is the Greek word for black. In physics, black absorbs, transmits, and transforms all color, light, sound, and energy. Scientists have found that 68% of the Universe or 68% of outer space is composed of dark energy. I call the dark energy black energy. Do we want to absorb, transmit, and transform outer space? Then we have to transform the inner space in our minds. Yes, the people with the most melanin in their skin are also the ones with the most melanin in their pineal glands. But let’s look at physics again: Black absorbs energy, but white reflects, rejects, repels, and shields against energy. Einstein-Rosen theorized that it takes a black hole and a white hole to make a bridge, what Schwarzschild later called a wormhole.
Bridges, wormholes, or stargates permit travel through space-time. Right now, our fastest rockets or obelisks go 40,000 mph. Sirius our closest star neighboring star, is 8 light years away. At 40,000 mph, it would take us 196,000 years to reach Sirius. However, a bridge or wormhole would permit us to get there within our lifetimes. The people of Kemet first drew the stargates when they put what the Greeks mistook as solar disks or halos on their heads.
The Greeks got this part right: In order to get to the stargate, we’ve got to get to the halo. If God is love, then we’ve got to fall in love and ascend to love. We’ve got to reach the point in which we become the African proverb of love being the person who brings out God in you. When we find that love, when we bridge the black hole and white hole in our minds, when whites pay the debt owed to blacks and blacks forgive whites, when the damage is repaired and not allowed to repeat or recur, then the heavens will open for us. As above so below. And vice versa. God bless you.
Current Reparations Work in the United States-Fact Sheet
Anita E. Belle, J.D.
July 9, 2017
- A few of the organizations currently doing reparations work in the U.S. are NCOBRA (the National Coalition of Blacks for Reparations in America), the Reparations Labor Union, and NAARC (National African-American Reparations Commission).
- Detroit Congressman John Conyers has been introducing H.R. 40 into the House Judiciary Committee almost every year since 1989. H.R. 40 was “Commission to Study Reparations Proposals for African-Americans Act.” See https://www.congress.gov/bill/113th-congress/house-bill/40 .
- Numerous lawsuits have been filed demanding reparations to African-Americans, but the American courts are rigged to protect and sustain white Greco-Roman empire-building.
- Example of one reparations case is the Nicaraguan Contras’ Narcotics Trafficking Litigation that sued the CIA for deliberately importing illegal drugs into America’s segregated black neighborhoods and thereby causing harm to all Americans. The story of Anita Belle’s lawsuit is written in “Revealing Mistaken Identities”, available on Amazon at http://amzn.to/1XNtIH3.
- Durban Conference 1--The United Nations’ Commission on Human Rights sponsored the World Conference Against Racism in 2001. This produced a Durban Declaration and Programme of Action that sought compensation for the colonization of Africa and the enslavement of people of African descent. See http://www.un.org/WCAR/durban.pdf .
- On July 29, 2008, the U.S. House of Representatives apologized for slavery and Jim Crow, but paid blacks no reparations.
- Barack Obama becomes the first black President of the U.S. on January 20, 2009.
- On June 18, 2009, the U.S. Senate apologized for slavery with a specific statement denying reparations. Of note is that the next day, June 19th, was Juneteenth, the day celebrated by blacks as the day we became free from slavery in the U.S.
- In 2009, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi specifically asked Congressman John Conyers to NOT introduce H.R. 40 when the Democrats had a majority of both Houses of Congress and the Presidency and Conyers was chair of the House Judiciary Committee.
- Out of the Durban Conference grew the International Decade of People of African Descent from 2015-2024. The Working Group of Experts for the Decade produced a study that found the U.S. owes reparations to people of African descent. See https://documents-dds-ny.un.org/doc/UNDOC/GEN/G16/183/30/PDF/G1618330.pdf?OpenElement and http://www.un.org/en/events/africandescentdecade/index.shtml .
- In addition to the United Nations, more than 5,000 people sent a petition to President Obama asking for him to enact reparations to African Americans via an executive order. See http://www.reparationslaborunion.org/eopetition . He sent a nice non-response.
- In January 2017, Congressman John Conyers introduced a new H.R. 40 that goes from a study bill to a remedy bill. See https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/40. Kamm Howard, the newly-elected male co-chair for NCOBRA who helped draft the new version of H.R 40, discusses it at NCOBRA’s National Convention in June 2017. See the video at https://www.facebook.com/motownbelle/videos/10154558070191437/ .
- Reparations Labor Union is co-sponsoring Democracy Week. To RSVP, see www.reparationslaborunion.org/democracy_week .